Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dorinda threw me a gorgeous shower

at the end of August. Many loved-ones were there and my favorite color, green, was the star of the decorations.

Everyone brought some food, and it was delicious. From goffong to "bitch"rice, Cape Verdean cuisine was represented, as were delicious brownies, cookies, and an amazing cake from School Street Bakery.

Ty and I danced to the 70's classic, "She's havin' my baby," and we opened loads of gorgeous presents, among them some lovingly crocheted blankets and clothing items, toys, survival kits, supplies, and oodles of gift cards.

Sincere thanks to all who attended and all who sent us things even though you couldn't make it. The baby is DUE IN 7 DAYS! It's exciting. We have the condo ready for our little sweetie. A swing, bassinet, rocker, diapers, toys, and snuggles are ready for the little body.

Please keep us in your prayers. Deacon John from Holy Family Parish blessed the baby today and prayed that I stay calm and patient in these final days of waiting. I am "jofantioch" on twitter. If you want to know when labor is on, just request to follow me. You can also follow Ty on facebook, he's going to use ping to keep everyone updated.



































Posted by Picasa

No comments: