Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Demanding too much from friends


Claudia treated me to an awesome manicure and pedicure at the salon (part of bridal research). She's a gem. This research was to help my attendants with their mandate to "be radiant".

Evidently, some other brides have demanded extreme things from their attendants. Claudia told me of a bride who demanded botox for mothers of the bride and groom "so they won't look wrinkled", breast augmentations for the bridesmaids, and "little touches" for the groomsmen. Yuck!

Being an attendant has lots of expenses and pressures. You may be thinking: "What do I have to do? Where do I have to be? What kind of dress/suit should I wear? What about my hair? What about my makeup? There are gazillions of gifts, urgh! I don't want to make a toast. I don't want to be on display. I can't stand that long. I'm not up to this."

We want you to enjoy our wedding. If you still want to be a bridesmaid or groomsman, great. If, however, you would like to rethink your decision, that's fine. You can write, call, or email if it's just too much. We want you there in whatever capacity is most comfortable and enjoyable for you.

We love you, we don't want you to be stressed!

No comments: